Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ACU BOHO BAG

So sorry it has been so long since my last post! I really have no excuse. I sit at the computer each morning and look at all the blogs that I follow, but do I post? Nope. Just nothing super interesting to post about. However, today I had a great sewing day! My husband is away for a few days, on TDY. So it has just been me and the kids. They have been great and have let me do many things!

Today I worked on a custom order. I had a lady contact me on Etsy and she wanted a ACU BOHO BAG with black lining. I was happy to do this because I have a lot of ACU fabric hanging around the house! I love being payed in fabric, it makes my day so great.
IMG_0166
IMG_0168

I was a little nervous because this is only the 2nd time making this bag. It is designed by ALI FOSTER. I won 3 of her patterns in a sewing contest. The bag has a beautiful braided strap, the only problem with this feature is that it is a little thick to sew on. The other thing that makes it a bit difficult is that it has curves and a gusset. Oh, and I also decided to add another layer of interfacing into that mix.

IMG_0169
IMG_0167

Talk about a thick, sturdy, georgeous bag! I did not have a single problem sewing this bag today. I took my time and relaxed! I knew I would have time this evening to sew it if I didn't finish this afternoon. I finished it in about 3 hours. My machine didn't fuse at me when I was sewing the strap on, didn't fuse when I was putting it all together. I didn't even have to use my seam ripper. Talk about a good afternoon of sewing!

IMG_0175

Only wish I have would of been to have someone here to take a picture of me modeling it! I know I have a picture of me modeling it, but that was taken by my almost 4 year old daughter! She does a pretty good job!

I hope you had a great sewing day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment